That’s right folks. The long awaited patch is set to release sometime this month. No set day has been released yet, but when it does we’ll let you know. Not only are they fixing some of the major issues (seen below), but they are also making new achievements to go along with GoW 2 DLC. See below for more details.
Gears of War 2 Patch Details
- Fixed invisible shield exploit.
- Fixed melee through walls exploit.
- Fixed infinite Lancer ammo exploit.
- Fixed shield with two-handed weapon exploit.
- Fixed bug where shotgun and boomshot shot into the ground when shooting from the hip.
- Increased penalties for quitting matches early.
- Additional spawn protection from grenades and chainsaw attacks.
- View Submission flag carrier destination using Tac/Com.
- Achievement progress numbers added to War Journal.
- Client side shotgun hit detection improved resulting in more reliable data in high latency games.
- Increased frequency of in-game Achievement tracker notifications.
- New DLC based achievements.