What do you get when you cross the fantasy world of Amalur and the galaxies of Mass Effect?
The answer: Some cool, unique in games items for you to use at your disposal.
How do I get these you ask?
By playing the demos of each game you unlock content within the opposite game. The demo for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning launches January 17th. No release date has been announced for the Mass Effect 3 demo, but I would expect it sometime in Feburary.
For playing the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, you get these in Mass Effect 3
- Reckoner Knight Armour:This armour will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed—up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity.
- The Chakram Launcher: This weapon uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs. This weapon is earned after completing the Reckoning demo and watching the trailer at the end.
For playing the Mass Effect 3, you get these in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
- N7 Armour:Players can unlock special armour inspired by Commander Shepard’s iconic N7 battle armour including Helm, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Chausses and Greaves.
- Onmiblade Daggers: A holographic blade stemming from Commander Shepard’s Omni-Tool, the Omni-blade allows players to stab enemies in close combat. Once players install and play the Mass Effect 3 demo, they will unlock the daggers.
Also, you get these exclusive in-game items for playing the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo for the full game when it releases Feburary 7th.
- Twist of Fate Card:This card boosts the player’s ice resistance and is immediately unlocked when he or she activates the Reckoning demo using his or her Origin account.
- Twinned Souls Chakram:A unique weapon that damages enemies while boosting player health and mana in Reckoning.
- The Infernal Helm: Unlocked after completing the Reckoning Tutorial Mode, this protective helmet increases players’ fire damage throughout Amalur.
So, will you all be trying out these demos? Both of these games are high on my priority lists so I’ll definately be playing the demos of both, then buying both as well. How about you all?